Want to know how to find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Portland, OR? Portland shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Acura ZDX insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Acura and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Portland agents.
Shockingly, the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,740, Oregon drivers could save an average of as much as $1,000 each year, but they don't want to take the time to shop around.
It's a good habit to take a look at other company's rates yearly because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Acura ZDX insurance in Portland a year ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use online quotes to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. This article's goal is to instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. Smart buyers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium information shown next outlines a range of prices for Acura ZDX models. Being more informed about how premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$264||$468||$300||$18||$90||$1,140||$95|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$264||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,202||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify coverage prices significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Acura ZDX annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Acura ZDX Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Guys tend to take more risk - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates - An insured's credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura ZDX if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Your employer and insurance rates - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as doctors, business owners, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse raises prices - Driving without insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Oregon motor vehicle department.
Older drivers pay less - Older people are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are proven to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pay lower premiums if you're married - Your spouse actually saves money on your insurance bill. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Car features can affect prices - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- Liability protection limits should be high - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
How to find a good Portland auto insurance company
Picking the highest-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Portland. The company information shown next can help you decide which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is less work than it seems.
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Acura ZDX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Portland auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
Steps to buying discount Acura ZDX insurance in Portland
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Acura ZDX insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Portland.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)