It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Venture insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to shop for coverages can help simplify the process.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Venture insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Portland. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for ideas to help keep prices low and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Don’t get traffic citations – Even one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Claims cost money – Insurance companies in Oregon generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Combine home and auto and save – Most companies will give better rates for people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Venture insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor driving patterns remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you want cheaper Portland car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Oregon, click this link.
Persistence will pay off
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Chevy Venture insurance car insurance rates online in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Portland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company.
More affordable insurance in Portland can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)