Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to buy auto insurance? You are no different than many other people in Oregon.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Mazda 5 insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can help you be more efficient.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Mazda 5 insurance in Portland.
You need to compare rates once or twice a year because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Mazda 5 insurance in Portland on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Mazda 5 insurance in Portland is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information like daily mileage, your job, driver ages, and if you lease or own. The rating information is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To check Mazda 5 insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Oregon. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 5 insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
Rate information and statistics
The data table shown below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Mazda 5 models. Knowing how insurance quotes are calculated is important for making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$200||$276||$356||$22||$106||$960||$80|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$228||$336||$356||$22||$106||$1,048||$87|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$228||$336||$356||$22||$106||$1,048||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Mazda 5 annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Portland insurance rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents can impact Mazda 5 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Portland
The chart below shows the comparison of Mazda 5 premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda 5 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Affordable Mazda 5 insurance quotes in Portland
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda 5 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, student away at school, driver’s education, good student, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, student driver, early bird, homeowners, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
- AAA discounts include good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, and AAA membership discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Portland. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Oregon, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is sent to companies in Portland who will return price quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company shouldn’t rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Portland
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Portland can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Portland willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Portland willing to provide price quote information.
One last thing about your coverage
We covered many ideas to find cheap Mazda 5 insurance in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Portland car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Portland car insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced insurance in Portland can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to buy discount Mazda 5 insurance in Portland
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Mazda 5 insurance in Portland is to annually compare prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Oregon. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Portland? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)