If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, you can easily be baffled by the sheer number of local and online companies all claiming to save you money.
How to find discount Lincoln Continental insurance in Portland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Portland.
First, read about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Portland. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower rates are likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Portland is your ultimate objective, learning how to find companies and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons before your policy renews because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in Portland six months ago you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Continental insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to find cheap auto insurance in Portland.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Portland can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using this information. Although Oregon consumers do need to understand how insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Free Portland Lincoln Continental insurance quotes
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Portland, OR. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Oregon, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Portland insurance rates
Insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Portland, click this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Portland, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Lincoln Continental. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Which auto insurance company is best in Portland?
Buying coverage from the best insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Portland. The information shown next could help you decide which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance quotes from local Portland insurance agents
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- How are they compensated?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which family members are covered?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Portland?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Shown below are Portland exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Damian Gobel
1511 SE 122nd Ave – Portland, OR 97233 – (503) 255-3490 – View Map
- Doug Menely – State Farm Insurance Agent
8606 SE 17th Ave – Portland, OR 97202 – (503) 238-1903 – View Map
- Pete Zavos – State Farm Insurance Agent
8305 SE Monterey Ave #102 – Portland, OR 97086 – (503) 653-6392 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Portland that can give you rate quotes.
- Elliott, Powell, Baden and Baker Inc
1521 SW Salmon St – Portland, OR 97205 – (503) 227-1771 – View Map
- Fournier Group
510 SW 5th Ave #701 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 251-2255 – View Map
- Ross and Associates Insurance Services, Inc.
9201 SE 91st Ave – Portland, OR 97086 – (503) 698-3833 – View Map
If you get positive responses to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.