It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Portland is why you’re reading this, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Portland.
Step 1: Read about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a bad credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to get low prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
These techniques will instruct you on how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you have a current insurance policy, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. But Oregon consumers must know how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering Kia Stinger insurance in Portland
The following companies offer price quotes in Portland, OR. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Portland, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Determine discounts to get cheap Portland car insurance quotes
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Portland auto insurance on the web.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Portland auto insurance quote when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century has discounts for student driver, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and early bird.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, newly retired, safety features, multi-car, newly married, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Portland, click this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Portland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Portland who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Portland for you
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Portland that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Stamm Stuart Bybee Insurance
16455 SE Division St – Portland, OR 97236 – (971) 254-1148 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Portland willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of ways to save on Kia Stinger insurance in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Affordable Kia Stinger insurance in Portland can be bought both online in addition to many Portland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)