Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Portland is to regularly compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Oregon. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Read about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s hard to believe, but about 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Drivers in Portland could cut their rates by 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can learn to save money and still get good coverage. The intent of this article is to teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate. Vehicle owners just have to understand the quickest way to get comparison quotes online.
Quote Hyundai Accent Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors that factor into premiums.
- Drive less and get lower rates – The more you drive your Hyundai every year the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Accent can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven.
Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims influence Hyundai Accent auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars cost less to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Hyundai scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Accent by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Hyundai Accent insurance loss statistics – Insurers use claims history to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Hyundai Accent vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Accent Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Accent 98 109 89 129 129 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Hyundai Accent insurance rate analysis
The coverage table shown next outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Accent models. Understanding how car insurance premiums are formulated can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$98||$222||$306||$18||$92||$736||$61|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$114||$270||$306||$18||$92||$800||$67|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$114||$318||$408||$24||$122||$986||$82|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$132||$366||$306||$18||$92||$914||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage rates noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Hyundai Accent insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Portland
The illustration below compares Hyundai Accent annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Affordable rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Portland auto insurance online.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current Accent insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Online Discount – A few companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Hyundai Accent insurance rates in Portland.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below shows the comparison of Hyundai Accent insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Portland.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
When getting Portland auto insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Portland is available both online and also from your neighborhood Portland agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)