Acura RDX insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Acura RDX insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Portland. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for information to find cheap rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Oregon being $1,700, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Portland is quite easy. If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to shop their coverage around instantly.
Save money with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Discount - Portland drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap RDX insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in school.
- Driver Safety - Taking a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Portland car insurance quote.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way. But any discount should help reduce your premiums.
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura RDX insurance costs with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Portland, follow this link.
Finding cheap Portland auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that's required is to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to insurance agents' offices. Quoting Acura RDX insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you're the type of person who wants the trained guidance only provided by licensed Portland agents. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Oregon. To locate the best car insurance in Oregon, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance analysis for an Acura RDX
The premium table displayed next outlines different coverage costs for Acura RDX models. Being aware of how auto insurance premiums are established is important to be able to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$206||$364||$280||$16||$84||$950||$79|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$206||$364||$280||$16||$84||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Portland location which can change prices substantially.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The information below compares Acura RDX premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below shows the comparison of Acura RDX premium costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Acura RDX claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles define how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Annual mileage impacts costs - Driving more miles in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your RDX may be costing you.
Avoid policy lapses - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Cars with good safety ratings means lower rates - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
Acura RDX insurance loss statistics - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RDX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RDX 4dr 2WD||64||75||57||67||67||71|
|Acura RDX 4dr 4WD||68||79||79||68||66||60|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Acura RDX?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my Acura RDX need full coverage?
- If my Acura RDX is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Portland who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Portland should have no problem answering these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Portland who can help you get comparison quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Portland.
Upon getting good answers to all your questions as well as cheaper RDX insurance quotes, you've probably found a company that meets your needs to service your policy. But keep in mind you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you want so don't assume that you're stuck with any particular company with no way to switch.
Buying the right Acura vehicle insurance in Oregon is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RDX in Portland, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura RDX with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves your Acura and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Oregon auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top car insurance company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Oregon. The company rank data below could help you choose which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- Travelers - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- The Hartford - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Titan Insurance - A+
The lowest rates come from being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on Acura RDX insurance in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Portland? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)