Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Saturn Outlook insurance in Portland? Finding low-cost insurance for a Saturn Outlook in Oregon could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for a Saturn and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Portland insurance agents.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Oregon. If you want cheaper car insurance in Portland, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saturn at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Saturn Outlook but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Outlook are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oregon is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Rate information and statistics
The data table displayed next covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Saturn Outlook models. Understanding how premiums are determined is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$166||$296||$416||$24||$124||$1,026||$86|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$166||$296||$416||$24||$124||$1,026||$86|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Outlook XE AWD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$184||$348||$416||$24||$124||$1,096||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Saturn Outlook annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Saturn Outlook full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below compares Saturn Outlook insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Saturn Outlook replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Lower-cost Portland auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Outlook is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Driver Safety – Completing a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Saturn Outlook auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, business and professional, homeowner, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, paid in full, company car, and good student.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, and good student.
- USAA has discounts for multi-vehicle, family discount, defensive driver, annual mileage, driver training, good student, and vehicle storage.
If you are trying to find cheaper Portland car insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Portland.
When to talk to an agent
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Portland?
- How many years have they been established?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Portland for you
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Portland agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Portland are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- Michael Holton – State Farm Insurance Agent
7113 SW Macadam Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 517-9090 – View Map
- John Freeman – State Farm Insurance Agent
8519 SE Woodstock Blvd – Portland, OR 97266 – (503) 228-1311 – View Map
- Gunnar Olson – State Farm Insurance Agent
107 SE Washington St Ste 143 – Portland, OR 97214 – (503) 230-0216 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are Portland independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Propel Insurance
888 SW 5th Ave #1170 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 467-7540 – View Map
- Fox Insurance Agency
1819 SW 5th Ave – Portland, OR 97201 – (503) 277-2300 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Eric L Weber Agency
4415 NE Sandy Blvd Ste 200 – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 249-7667 – View Map
Upon getting positive responses to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy. Just keep in mind you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy only the required Oregon minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does my Saturn Outlook qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can find cheaper Saturn Outlook insurance in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you quote Portland car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find lower priced Saturn Outlook insurance in Portland
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Saturn Outlook insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Portland.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations and bad credit can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Outlook coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)