Shopping for budget Portland Saturn Astra insurance quotes on the internet might seem rather challenging for people that are relatively new to online price comparisons. With such a big selection of agents and companies in the marketplace, how can Portland drivers have the ability to compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Oregon could save 60% each year, but they don’t want to take the time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Affordable auto insurance in Portland, OR
The companies shown below provide quotes in Portland, OR. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Portland, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Saturn Astra insurance in Portland
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Astra insurance premium.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will lower your policy cost.
To locate auto insurance companies with the best Saturn Astra insurance discounts in Portland in Oregon, click here.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Portland insurance agencies?
A lot of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Portland that can provide free Portland car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Portland?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Portland
If you’re trying to find a good Portland insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Portland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Jared Dean
101 SW Main St #915 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 222-6601 – View Map
- Vu Han – State Farm Insurance Agent
322 NE 82nd Ave – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 252-1114 – View Map
- Bill Northfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
5915 SE 43rd Ave – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 775-8202 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Portland willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Matthew K Barnett Agency
3332 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 285-2546 – View Map
- Peninsula Insurance
12700 NW Cornell Rd – Portland, OR 97229 – (503) 644-5333 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance
7831 SE Stark St #102 – Portland, OR 97215 – (503) 256-1448 – View Map
Auto insurance savings summarized
When searching for cheaper Portland car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Saturn Astra insurance car insurance rates in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
Cost effective Saturn Astra insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Portland, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to find low-cost Saturn Astra insurance in Portland
The best way to get discount Saturn Astra insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Portland.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and bad credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Astra coverage is available in Portland. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)