Amazingly, most car insurance buyers in Oregon have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. American drivers could save almost $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The recommended way to get budget Porsche Cayenne insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Portland.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more details to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Cayenne insurance. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – Credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Porsche Cayenne by repairing your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit.
- Do you work long hours in a tough job? – Jobs like judges, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, students and homemakers get better rates.
Women pay lower costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Single drivers may have higher costs – Being married actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Porsche. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Insurance losses for a Porsche Cayenne – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche Cayenne vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Porsche Cayenne Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Cayenne 4dr 4WD 176 100 138 58 53 77 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid 4dr 4WD 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Analysis of Porsche Cayenne rates
The information displayed next showcases a range of prices for Porsche Cayenne models. Understanding more about how insurance rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$346||$574||$418||$24||$126||$1,488||$124|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$376||$634||$418||$24||$126||$1,578||$132|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$464||$754||$418||$24||$126||$1,786||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact prices significantly.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Porsche Cayenne insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get cheap Porsche Cayenne insurance in Portland with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below shows the difference between Porsche Cayenne premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in every state. To find providers that offer many of these discounts in Oregon, click this link.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheap Porsche Cayenne insurance in Portland. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Porsche Cayenne insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Porsche Cayenne insurance in Portland is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Portland car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)