The most effective way to get cheaper Nissan Juke insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Portland. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Juke coverage is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Immediately store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s amazing but most drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Portland could save 60% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Portland can be made easier if you know where to look. If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Smart buyers just have to use the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price instantly.
Affordable Nissan insurance rates in Portland
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Portland, OR. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Portland, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Portland auto insurance quote.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Portland. To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Oregon, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Portland that can give you free Portland auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Portland, get answers to these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Portland?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Portland?
- If they are an independent agency in Portland, which companies do they recommend?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Portland for you
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents to choose from. Agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- John Lokting – State Farm Insurance Agent
307 SE 102nd Ave – Portland, OR 97216 – (503) 252-5581 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Damian Gobel
1511 SE 122nd Ave – Portland, OR 97233 – (503) 255-3490 – View Map
- Donna Tallman – State Farm Insurance Agent
6305 SE Powell Blvd – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 771-2579 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to include several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Portland who can help you get price quotes.
- Matthew K Barnett Agency
3332 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 285-2546 – View Map
- Pibal Insurance Brokers of Oregon
1314 NW Irving St – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 287-8808 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
9955 SE Washington St #103 – Portland, OR 97216 – (971) 213-1015 – View Map
One last thing to lower rates
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on Nissan Juke insurance in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Portland auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Nissan Juke insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cost effective Nissan Juke insurance is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be found below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Portland? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)