When searching for lower-priced insurance, are you overwhelmed by the number of insurance providers that you can choose from? Drivers have such a large number of options that it can turn into a real hassle to lower your premium rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Portland. Lots of people think Portland is the perfect city to reside in, but the high cost of insurance can make it very difficult to afford enough coverage.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers in Oregon kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in the U.S. could save roughly $860 every year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
You should take the time to compare rates before your policy renews because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price on Mazda 2 insurance in Portland on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Mazda 2 insurance in Portland.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in Portland takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to compare their rates. All you need to do is give the companies some data including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, what your job is, driver details, and coverage limits. The rating information is instantly sent to many different companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheaper Mazda 2 insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Portland.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Portland, OR. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Portland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Some companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Portland. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Oregon, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Premiums can change based on your address – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. Residents of big cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
- Occupation can influence rates – Occupations such as lawyers, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Being married is a bonus – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when buying insurance. It usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Lots of insurance companies give discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Liability risk factors – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises premiums – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Oregon department of motor vehicles.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Portland can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Portland exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Kilong Ung – State Farm Insurance Agent
4000 SE 82nd Ave #1400 – Portland, OR 97266 – (503) 777-6762 – View Map
- H.Q. La – State Farm Insurance Agent
1827 NE 44th Ave #110 – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 236-3776 – View Map
- John Lokting – State Farm Insurance Agent
307 SE 102nd Ave – Portland, OR 97216 – (503) 252-5581 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent agents in Portland willing to provide comparison quotes.
- WelPland Insurance, SE Portland and Clackamas County
5845 SE 82nd Ave – Portland, OR 97266 – (503) 777-5406 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Eric L Weber Agency
4415 NE Sandy Blvd Ste 200 – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 249-7667 – View Map
- Darrell Grenz Insurance Agency
5651 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 206-6736 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
People leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Portland car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Portland
The easiest way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Portland is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Oregon. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Find a Portland insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to place your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)