Sad but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Oregon being $1,700, drivers could pocket approximately $970 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Ford Fusion Energi insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Portland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more ideas to help find cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Don’t forget to place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Portland is really quite easy. Smart buyers just have to understand the proper way to shop from many different companies.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Portland takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information like which vehicles you own, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if a SR-22 is required, and types of safety features. That rating information is then sent to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To compare lower-cost Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Portland, OR. To find cheaper auto insurance in OR, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Ford Fusion Energi insurance discounts in Portland
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, defensive driver, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, good driver, and driver’s education.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, theft prevention, early bird, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in Portland. To view insurers who offer insurance discounts in Portland, click here to view.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Portland, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fusion Energi has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Portland is wasting up to $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Oregon?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Buying auto insurance from Portland car insurance agents
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Portland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Portland that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?