If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Dodge Magnum insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Portland. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a low credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Portland. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved about $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices on the web. The process can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their rating system collects your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Portland makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to do this if you are searching for the best insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Portland, OR. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Oregon, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
When to get professional advice
When buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Will my Dodge Magnum be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Oregon?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Portland that provide free Portland auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Portland should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- Steve Ching – State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 NW 13th Ave – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 222-7771 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Damian Gobel
1511 SE 122nd Ave – Portland, OR 97233 – (503) 255-3490 – View Map
- Chris Lawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3118 NE Broadway St – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 282-4569 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Portland willing to provide price quotes.
- Cundari Insurance
8309 SW 22nd Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 292-0075 – View Map
- Focus 1 Insurance
1500 NW 18th Ave #107 – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 206-6588 – View Map
- Matthew K Barnett Agency
3332 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 285-2546 – View Map