Want cheaper Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Portland? If you are new to getting Portland auto insurance quotes online, chances are good that you are overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance providers selling insurance in Portland.
How to save on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Portland
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Portland.
Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Oregon drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
It’s important to shop coverage around at least once a year since prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Portland at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the best way to save on car insurance.
How to get free Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes online
When looking for cheaper Portland auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from many available car insurance companies in Oregon. The best method to find competitive insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. It’s important to know that more quotes will enable you to find a lower rate.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Oregon. To locate the best car insurance in Oregon, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table shown below showcases different insurance premium costs for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are formulated can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$128||$244||$354||$20||$106||$852||$71|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$128||$244||$354||$20||$106||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The chart below compares Chrysler PT Cruiser annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below compares Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler PT Cruiser claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler PT Cruiser in Portland, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your PT Cruiser, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Chrysler but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Chrysler PT Cruiser Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Combine and save – Most companies will award lower prices to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare Chrysler PT Cruiser rates in Portland to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- When should you file insurance claims? – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Oregon provide better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Never let your car insurance expire – Going without insurance is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Chrysler each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your PT Cruiser is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chrysler PT Cruiser?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Persistence will pay off
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates online in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
How to buy affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Portland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Portland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Portland? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)