It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Portland is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Portland. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Portland can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Oregon vehicle owners must understand how companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Portland is to realize auto insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if a SR-22 is required, if you are currently licensed, types of safety features, and the make and model of your vehicles. That rating information is instantly provided to insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare lower-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Portland.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Portland, OR. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance in Oregon serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercedes-Benz in Portland, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your SLS AMG, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Save money on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Portland with these ten discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow companies to analyze driving manner remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on SLS AMG insurance in Portland.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Portland Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Portland can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Mercedes-Benz may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, good student, air bags, defensive driver, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, good student, multi-car, and newly retired.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
When getting free Portland car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount rates in Portland, follow this link.
Best car insurance company in Portland
Choosing a highly-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Oregon. The company ratings listed below could help you choose which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance