It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare other prices will presumably buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Portland is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Lexus LS 600h L insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Portland. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding a lower price on insurance is a great way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Oregon. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Portland, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Affordable Portland car insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Claim Free – Portland drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on LS 600h L insurance in Portland.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see companies who offer discounts in Oregon, click here to view.
Insuring your LS 600h L just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Oregon but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Lexus LS 600h L but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from local agents is especially important in Portland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Portland auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents in Portland
If you want a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agents in Portland can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, you will want to include several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Portland that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Focus 1 Insurance
1500 NW 18th Ave #107 – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 206-6588 – View Map
- Wix Insurance Agency
8037 SE Stark St – Portland, OR 97215 – (503) 760-6826 – View Map
- Cundari Insurance
8309 SW 22nd Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 292-0075 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Portland willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Donna Tallman – State Farm Insurance Agent
6305 SE Powell Blvd – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 771-2579 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dick Hannah Insurance Agency
12345 E Burnside St – Portland, OR 97233 – (360) 816-8439 – View Map
- Bill Northfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
5915 SE 43rd Ave – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 775-8202 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Portland?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Portland?