Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Borrego insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell insurance in Portland. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides instructions to get lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Borrego coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly Kia Borrego insurance is your ultimate objective, then understanding how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Portland is to understand most of the larger companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as your credit rating estimate, distance driven, driver details, and your education level. Your information is submitted instantly to multiple companies and you get price estimates quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Portland.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Portland, OR. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Portland, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Kia Borrego
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Portland, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Borrego, most banks will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts for Kia Borrego insurance in Portland
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Portland without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Borrego can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Portland drivers who agree to allow companies to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, driver training, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, driver training, multi-car, IntelliDrive, and new car.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, business and professional, good student, distant student, teen driver, and multi-car.
- Esurance may offer discounts for DriveSense, good student, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, and claim free.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including good driver, anti-theft, professional/association, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and multi-policy.
If you want inexpensive Portland car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Portland. If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Oregon, click this link.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Portland auto insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Portland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Portland who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local Portland insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Portland who may provide price quotes.
Stamm Stuart Bybee Insurance
16455 SE Division St – Portland, OR 97236 – (971) 254-1148 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Portland willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Portland?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Oregon?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Ratings for Portland auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Portland. The ranking information shown next could help you analyze which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Kia Borrego insurance car insurance rates online in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)