Do you want an efficient way to compare low-cost insurance rates in Portland, OR? Portland drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Jeep Commander insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a Jeep and locate the best price possible.
If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to save money without reducing protection. These techniques will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings Drivers just have to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting online quotes for Jeep Commander insurance in Portland is pretty easy as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best auto insurance rates.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Oregon. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Portland car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Commander insurance in Portland.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Commander can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Portland can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Portland auto insurance online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Commander auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, accident-free, professional/association, good driver, anti-theft, type of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, multi-car, good student, homeowner, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, and accident-free.
- Allstate includes discounts for premier plus, defensive driver, eSmart discount, auto/life discount, economy car, anti-theft, and premier discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and good student.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Jeep Commander rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Portland, follow this link.
Facts and figures for Jeep Commander insurance
The rate table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Commander models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are determined can be of help when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$132||$218||$300||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$132||$256||$300||$18||$90||$796||$66|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$148||$256||$300||$18||$90||$812||$68|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$148||$256||$300||$18||$90||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Portland location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Jeep Commander liability-only versus full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Jeep Commander premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Commander settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Portland auto insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Portland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in Portland who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Two types of Portland car insurance agents
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Portland can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Portland who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Focus 1 Insurance
1500 NW 18th Ave #107 – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 206-6588 – View Map
- Hecht and Hecht Insurance Agency Inc.
425 NE Hancock St – Portland, OR 97212 – (503) 542-1130 – View Map
- Oregon Insurance Advisor – Mark Strauss
5201 SW Westgate Dr #300 – Portland, OR 97221 – (503) 922-4847 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Portland that can give you rate quotes.
- Gunnar Olson – State Farm Insurance Agent
107 SE Washington St Ste 143 – Portland, OR 97214 – (503) 230-0216 – View Map
- Vu Han – State Farm Insurance Agent
322 NE 82nd Ave – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 252-1114 – View Map
- Ricky Hayter – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 253-9315 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
- Vocation and insurance prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs like lawyers, police officers, and emergency personnel generally have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. Other occupations such as professors, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Low deductibles mean high costs – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money – There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Commander can result in significantly higher rates.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Portland, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Commander, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Jeep but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Jeep Commander insurance premium rates online in Portland. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
A few companies may not have price quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Jeep Commander insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Portland agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
How to quote cheaper Jeep Commander insurance in Portland
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Jeep Commander insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers that insure vehicles in Portland.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Portland? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)