Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Oregon drivers could save themselves nearly 60% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to do a rate comparison.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Portland is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Oregon.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper XK coverage is available in Portland. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Immediately put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Portland is not rocket science. Although Oregon car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Jaguar XK Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Stay claim-free and save – Auto insurance companies in Oregon provide better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your employer and auto insurance rates – Occupations like military generals, architects, and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates attributed to job stress and long work days. Other occupations like professors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below assumes a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Jaguar XK insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Jaguar XK by improving your rating. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores.
- Liability risk factors – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most auto insurance companies provide lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Jaguar XK insurance loss data – Companies use statistical claims data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XK Models Specific Jaguar Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When looking for low cost Portland car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional advice of a local agency. Although, it is possible compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from them as well.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Oregon. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Portland, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Jaguar XK insurance charts and tables
The coverage table below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Jaguar XK models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are figured is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$240||$612||$354||$20||$106||$1,332||$111|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$240||$612||$354||$20||$106||$1,332||$111|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$260||$560||$416||$24||$124||$1,384||$115|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$260||$560||$416||$24||$124||$1,384||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter prices substantially.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Jaguar XK insurance prices for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Portland auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Jaguar XK annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Oregon and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jaguar, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jaguar XK but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Jaguar XK insurance in Portland
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Portland car insurance digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your overall premium however.
The illustration below compares Jaguar XK insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To view insurance companies with the best Jaguar XK insurance discounts in Portland in Oregon, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Portland insurance agency
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Portland.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Portland willing to provide price quotes for Jaguar XK insurance in Portland.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If they are an independent agency in Portland, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Persistence pays off
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered many ways to save on Jaguar XK insurance in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Portland car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Portland? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)