The easiest way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Portland is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Oregon.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to help reduce premium rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Pontiac G5 insurance in Portland is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also pocket some savings Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
Affordable Pontiac insurance rates in Portland
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oregon. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Portland, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Pontiac G5 Insurance Rate Factors
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women have fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Your credit score can be an important factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Pontiac G5 by repairing your credit. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance level of the car you own makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major insurance companies provide lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in Oregon provide lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Cheap Portland car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Portland auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current G5 insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Portland auto insurance online.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, seat belt use, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Portland. To locate insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Portland, follow this link.
Car insurance agents near you
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Portland who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Portland should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Oregon?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Portland for you
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Portland who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Michael Holton – State Farm Insurance Agent
7113 SW Macadam Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 517-9090 – View Map
- Ricky Hayter – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 253-9315 – View Map
- Pete Zavos – State Farm Insurance Agent
8305 SE Monterey Ave #102 – Portland, OR 97086 – (503) 653-6392 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- Wix Insurance Agency
8037 SE Stark St – Portland, OR 97215 – (503) 760-6826 – View Map
- Ross and Associates Insurance Services, Inc.
9201 SE 91st Ave – Portland, OR 97086 – (503) 698-3833 – View Map
- Cundari Insurance
8309 SW 22nd Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 292-0075 – View Map
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote often and quote early
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Pontiac G5 insurance can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Pontiac G5 insurance prices online in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)