Really, the only way to get cheaper Hyundai Entourage insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Portland.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Entourage insurance in Portland. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Portland is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. In a nutshell, every driver who needs more affordable car insurance will probably find a lower-cost company. But Oregon vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Score discounts to get cheaper Portland auto insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the web.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Portland auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, driver’s education, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, new move discount, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, newly retired, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, and driver training.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be offered in Portland.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Portland, OR. If you want cheap auto insurance in Portland, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Oregon?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Portland that provide free Portland auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Portland?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Portland exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Michael Holton – State Farm Insurance Agent
7113 SW Macadam Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 517-9090 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Peggy Romero
7825 SE Foster Rd – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 255-7828 – View Map
- Gustavo Soares – State Farm Insurance Agent
650 NE Holladay St Ste 1600 – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 287-0027 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Portland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Elliott, Powell, Baden and Baker Inc
1521 SW Salmon St – Portland, OR 97205 – (503) 227-1771 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
9955 SE Washington St #103 – Portland, OR 97216 – (971) 213-1015 – View Map
- Oregon Insurance Advisor – Mark Strauss
5201 SW Westgate Dr #300 – Portland, OR 97221 – (503) 922-4847 – View Map
Oregon car insurance companies
Picking the right insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Portland. The ranking data in the next section can help you pick which auto insurers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Hyundai Entourage insurance premium rates in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Budget-conscious Hyundai Entourage insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for State Employees in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Portland? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)