Do you want to save money by buying low-cost Volvo S40 insurance in Portland? Locating the lowest price Portland Volvo S40 insurance quotes may be overwhelming for drivers new to comparing and buying insurance on the internet. With so many companies, how can Portland drivers have a chance to compare every possible option in order to find better rates?
How to find more affordable Volvo S40 insurance in Portland
The most effective way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Portland is to compare prices annually from companies in Oregon. This can be done by following these steps.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
Choosing the best rates in Portland can be much easier if you know how to start. Basically, every vehicle owner who compares rate quotes for car insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. But Oregon consumers should learn the way insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
Cheapest auto insurance in Portland, OR
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Portland, OR. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in OR, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table displayed next highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Volvo S40 models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$252||$486||$432||$26||$130||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Portland location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Volvo S40 insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Find Volvo S40 Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
Insurance premiums and driver gender – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Your address can push rates up or down – Residing in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Oregon cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Teenage driver insurance premiums – Youthful drivers in Oregon are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver onto your car insurance can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Does your vocation raise your prices? – Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Higher car insurance rates for car insurance lapses – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Excellent credit saves on car insurance – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Volvo S40 by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
Stay claim-free and lower car insurance rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Oregon generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Lower-cost Portland car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application online.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for payment discounts, multi-car, early quote, home ownership, save driver, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, mature driver, homeowner, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, multi-policy, family discount, safe driver, good student, annual mileage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, exclusive group savings, new graduate, good student, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and newly married.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To choose insurers who offer cheap Volvo S40 insurance quotes in Portland, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local Portland car insurance agents
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Portland who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Portland?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Portland that can give you rate quotes.
- Doug Menely – State Farm Insurance Agent
8606 SE 17th Ave – Portland, OR 97202 – (503) 238-1903 – View Map
- State Farm: Rick Hennessy
6335 SW Capitol Hwy – Portland, OR 97239 – (503) 245-9345 – View Map
- Lisa Parks – State Farm Insurance Agent
11116 NE Halsey St A – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 256-3077 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Portland that can give you price quote information.
- Pibal Insurance Brokers of Oregon
1314 NW Irving St – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 287-8808 – View Map
- Peninsula Insurance
12700 NW Cornell Rd – Portland, OR 97229 – (503) 644-5333 – View Map
- Wix Insurance Agency
8037 SE Stark St – Portland, OR 97215 – (503) 760-6826 – View Map
Be persistent to save money
Lower-priced car insurance in Portland is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Portland agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Volvo S40 insurance prices in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a small local company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Volvo S40 insurance in Portland
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Volvo S40 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Portland. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)