Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,700, Oregon drivers can save roughly 60% each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Portland is to compare prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Oregon.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a policy now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Portland is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Although Oregon drivers do need to learn how companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Portland Saab 9-3 insurance quotes
All major car insurance companies provide pricing online. Comparing prices online for Saab 9-3 insurance in Portland is quite easy because you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and provides a quote. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies offer quotes in Portland, OR. To get the cheapest auto insurance in OR, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Statistics and details
The rate table shown next covers different insurance costs for Saab 9-3 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are formulated can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$574||$306||$18||$92||$1,256||$105|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$266||$574||$306||$18||$92||$1,256||$105|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$574||$306||$18||$92||$1,256||$105|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$660||$306||$18||$92||$1,374||$115|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$660||$362||$22||$108||$1,450||$121|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$298||$660||$306||$18||$92||$1,374||$115|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$298||$660||$306||$18||$92||$1,374||$115|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$660||$306||$18||$92||$1,374||$115|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$328||$746||$362||$22||$108||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Portland which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Saab 9-3 insurance costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims influence Saab 9-3 car insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Portland and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Saab may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-3 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in Portland. To find providers with the best Saab 9-3 insurance discounts in Oregon, click this link.
Why you need Saab vehicle insurance in Oregon
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saab in Portland, buying insurance is mandatory in Oregon but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Saab at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Saab 9-3 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Portland who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Portland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can you contact them at any time?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Portland that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Saab 9-3 insurance in Portland.
Ernest J Hill Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4946 N Vancouver Ave – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 286-1103 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you are able to terminate coverage when you choose so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way to switch.