Statistics show that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save nearly $850 every year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Really, the only way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Portland.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Find a Portland insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Portland. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Getting a cheaper price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to take a few minutes getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Oregon. In order to find the best auto insurance in Oregon, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Portland
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Shelby GT350 insurance in Portland.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Portland auto insurance quote.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Oregon, follow this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Careers such as fire fighters, social workers, and emergency personnel have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Miles driven impacts rates – The more miles you rack up on your Ford each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Shelby GT350 may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Deter theft and pay less – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder vehicle theft.
- Avoid tickets and save – Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get license-revoking tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- File claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Companies in Oregon provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Getting married is a good thing – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Portland.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Portland who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding local Portland agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Portland who may provide rate quotes.
- Fox Insurance Agency
1819 SW 5th Ave – Portland, OR 97201 – (503) 277-2300 – View Map
- Oregon Insurance Advisor – Mark Strauss
5201 SW Westgate Dr #300 – Portland, OR 97221 – (503) 922-4847 – View Map
- Ross and Associates Insurance Services, Inc.
9201 SE 91st Ave – Portland, OR 97086 – (503) 698-3833 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Portland exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Lidia Mazun – State Farm Insurance Agent
11916 SE Division St – Portland, OR 97266 – (503) 761-1444 – View Map
- Larry Rodman – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 SW Barbur Blvd – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 246-7753 – View Map
- Doug Menely – State Farm Insurance Agent
8606 SE 17th Ave – Portland, OR 97202 – (503) 238-1903 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How long has their agency been in business in Portland?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they full-time agents?
Upon getting acceptable answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.
Car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Oregon. The information shown next could help you analyze which providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We covered many ideas to shop for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Portland? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)