Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Portland, OR? Portland buyers have options when searching for affordable Hyundai Equus insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Hyundai and get the best price possible from Portland insurance agents and online providers.
Companies offering Hyundai Equus insurance in Portland
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oregon. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Portland, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Hyundai Equus insurance in Portland
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Resident Student – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good driver, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good driver, type of vehicle, professional/association, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Portland. For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Oregon, click here to view.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Portland Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and stock brokers tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and long work hours. Other careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Do you really need the incidental coverages? – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Liability limits are a factor – Liability coverage kicks in when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- High performance equals high prices – The type of car you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even one ticket may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with serious violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in Oregon provide the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Hyundai. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Claims statistics for a Hyundai Equus – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Hyundai Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Portland auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Portland who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Portland?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
When finding a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Portland that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ricky Hayter – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 253-9315 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dick Hannah Insurance Agency
12345 E Burnside St – Portland, OR 97233 – (360) 816-8439 – View Map
- Chris Lawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3118 NE Broadway St – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 282-4569 – View Map
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Portland willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Vern Fonk
9955 SE Washington St #103 – Portland, OR 97216 – (971) 213-1015 – View Map
- Fox Insurance Agency
1819 SW 5th Ave – Portland, OR 97201 – (503) 277-2300 – View Map
- Peninsula Insurance
12700 NW Cornell Rd – Portland, OR 97229 – (503) 644-5333 – View Map
Be persistent and save
Low-cost Hyundai Equus insurance in Portland can be purchased online in addition to many Portland insurance agents, so get free Portland auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Hyundai Equus insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Hyundai Equus insurance in Portland
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Portland is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Oregon. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Portland, Oregon? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)