If you’re looking for lower-priced insurance online, are you overwhelmed by the number of insurance sources that you can choose from? You’re not alone. There are such a vast assortment of sources available that it is a burden to find a more affordable company. Portland has lots to offer, but expensive insurance makes it difficult to be able to buy decent coverage.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. could pocket as much as $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
It’s a good habit to compare rates as often as possible because insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Kia K900 insurance in Portland last year the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Cheapest Kia insurance price quotes in Portland
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Oregon. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in OR, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Portland with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Portland auto insurance online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used K900 can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application on your computer.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, new car, IntelliDrive, student away at school, and continuous insurance.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, homeowner, pay in full, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- USAA discounts include military installation, driver training, family discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
If you need the cheapest Kia K900 rate quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Portland. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Kia K900 insurance quotes in Portland, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Portland insurance agency
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Dick Hannah Insurance Agency
12345 E Burnside St – Portland, OR 97233 – (360) 816-8439 – View Map
- State Farm: Rick Hennessy
6335 SW Capitol Hwy – Portland, OR 97239 – (503) 245-9345 – View Map
- Donna Tallman – State Farm Insurance Agent
6305 SE Powell Blvd – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 771-2579 – View Map
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agencies in Portland who can help you get price quotes.
- Matthew K Barnett Agency
3332 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 285-2546 – View Map
- Focus 1 Insurance
1500 NW 18th Ave #107 – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 206-6588 – View Map
- Pibal Insurance Brokers of Oregon
1314 NW Irving St – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 287-8808 – View Map
Oregon car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Portland. The ranking information shown next could help you pick which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Cover all your bases
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to find cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Portland can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
How to find cheaper quotes for Kia K900 insurance in Portland
The best way to get more affordable Kia K900 insurance in Portland is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Oregon. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about insurance in Oregon is located at the links below
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Portland? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)