Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare other prices will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Volvo V90 insurance in Portland is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on Volvo V90 insurance in Portland is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Oregon.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. You just need to use the tricks to shop for insurance online from multiple companies.
Discount Portland car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on V90 insurance in Portland.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, defensive driving training, driver’s education, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for save driver, driver training, payment discounts, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and continuous insurance.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly retired, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Portland, click here.
Finding a lower price on insurance is not rocket science. Drivers just need to take the time comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Portland, OR. If you want the best cheap car insurance in OR, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance quotes from local Portland insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Portland for you
When searching for a local Portland insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following are Portland exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Gustavo Soares – State Farm Insurance Agent
650 NE Holladay St Ste 1600 – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 287-0027 – View Map
- Larry Rodman – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 SW Barbur Blvd – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 246-7753 – View Map
- Lisa Parks – State Farm Insurance Agent
11116 NE Halsey St A – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 256-3077 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Portland that can give you price quotes.
- Ross and Associates Insurance Services, Inc.
9201 SE 91st Ave – Portland, OR 97086 – (503) 698-3833 – View Map
- Fox Insurance Agency
1819 SW 5th Ave – Portland, OR 97201 – (503) 277-2300 – View Map
- Fournier Group
510 SW 5th Ave #701 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 251-2255 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare Volvo V90 insurance premium rates in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Portland auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Volvo V90 insurance in Portland is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Portland? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)