Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Oregon could save themselves 60% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates online.
The best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Portland is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Oregon.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Portland. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Shopping around for the lowest cost insurance coverage in Portland is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Oregon drivers can benefit from knowing how companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Many insurance companies give price estimates directly from their websites. Getting Mercury Montego insurance prices online doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your required coverages on the page. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
Getting online rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Portland streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Portland, OR. To find cheap car insurance in Portland, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not advertise every discount available very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Portland car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Montego can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To locate insurers who offer free Mercury Montego insurance quotes in Portland, click this link.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Montego may be costing you.
Prevent insurance lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oregon motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Don’t get traffic citations – Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Does your employer cost you more? – Careers such as military generals, police officers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Does auto insurance cost less for females? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are in fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Comparing quotes from local Portland insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Portland.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Portland independent agents who can help you get free car insurance quotes.
- Hecht and Hecht Insurance Agency Inc.
425 NE Hancock St – Portland, OR 97212 – (503) 542-1130 – View Map
- Pibal Insurance Brokers of Oregon
1314 NW Irving St – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 287-8808 – View Map
- Fournier Group
510 SW 5th Ave #701 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 251-2255 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- Doug Menely – State Farm Insurance Agent
8606 SE 17th Ave – Portland, OR 97202 – (503) 238-1903 – View Map
- Dan Lucich – State Farm Insurance Agent
1516 NE 15th Ave – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 287-3757 – View Map
- Gunnar Olson – State Farm Insurance Agent
107 SE Washington St Ste 143 – Portland, OR 97214 – (503) 230-0216 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Persistent drivers can save
Cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Portland is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Portland car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Mercury Montego insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Portland car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Portland? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)