Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Audi A7 in Oregon can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Audi and locate the best price possible either online or from Portland insurance agents.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Oregon. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Oregon, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Oregon
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Portland Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Paperless Signup – Some companies may give you up to $50 get Portland car insurance on their website.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Travelers discounts include multi-policy, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, good student, and save driver.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, good student, accident-free, easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, alternative fuel, good student, and switch companies.
- Esurance may include discounts for DriveSense, online quote, online shopper, homeowner, defensive driver, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, student away at school, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including annual mileage, good driver, location of vehicle, professional/association, multi-car, and ease of repair.
If you need affordable Portland car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Portland, follow this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Audi A7?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.