Would you like to buy low-cost auto insurance rates in Portland, OR? Portland consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Hyundai Tucson insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Hyundai and find the lowest possible price either online or from Portland insurance agents.
It’s smart to price shop coverage before your next renewal since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Portland a year ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance while maintaining coverages. This information will tell you how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Shoppers just have to know the proper methods to compare prices online.
Best companies for Hyundai Tucson insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Oregon. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in OR, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Hyundai Tucson insurance statistics and information
The premium table shown next outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Hyundai Tucson models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are determined can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$104||$182||$306||$18||$92||$702||$59|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$118||$182||$306||$18||$92||$716||$60|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$118||$222||$306||$18||$92||$756||$63|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$118||$222||$306||$18||$92||$756||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can change price quotes greatly.
Hyundai Tucson annual premiums for males versus females
The example below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Tucson insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Portland
The chart below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Tucson premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Tucson replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Take policy discounts and save on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Portland
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new Tucson can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Tucson premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly retired, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, bundle discounts, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, group or association, multi-policy, student away at school, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
If you need the cheapest Hyundai Tucson rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Oregon, click this link.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Portland?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Best auto insurance agent in Portland
If you want to use a local Portland insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Portland are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are Portland exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Todd Houser – State Farm Insurance Agent
7515 SW Barnes Rd #101 – Portland, OR 97225 – (503) 297-3788 – View Map
- John Freeman – State Farm Insurance Agent
8519 SE Woodstock Blvd – Portland, OR 97266 – (503) 228-1311 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8845 SW Cascade Ave Suite 110 – Beaverton, OR 97008 – (503) 924-3320 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Portland independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- WelPland Insurance, SE Portland and Clackamas County
5845 SE 82nd Ave – Portland, OR 97266 – (503) 777-5406 – View Map
- Stamm Stuart Bybee Insurance
16455 SE Division St – Portland, OR 97236 – (971) 254-1148 – View Map
- Pibal Insurance Brokers of Oregon
1314 NW Irving St – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 287-8808 – View Map
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Portland. The company ratings shown below may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Affordable Hyundai Tucson insurance in Portland can be found online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read a lot of ways to compare Hyundai Tucson insurance prices in Portland. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find affordable quotes for Hyundai Tucson insurance in Portland
The recommended way to get budget auto insurance rates in Portland is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Oregon.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like your driving record and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)