How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more affordable Hyundai Azera insurance in Portland? Finding the best price on Portland insurance can be complicated since most people haven’t used online price comparisons. But don’t give up because we’re going to show you how to find cheaper Hyundai Azera in Portland.
How to buy discount Hyundai Azera insurance in Portland
The preferred way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Portland is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Oregon.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Portland consumers could save approximately $1,000 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
There are several ways to obtain and compare prices from different Portland insurance companies. The best way to comparison shop consists of shopping online. When comparing insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Portland, OR. To get cheap auto insurance in OR, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Hyundai Azera coverage statistics
The rate table shown next showcases different coverage costs for Hyundai Azera models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$388||$336||$20||$100||$1,016||$85|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$388||$336||$20||$100||$1,038||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter prices substantially.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Azera insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Oregon minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Azera claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Hyundai Azera insurance in Portland
Some insurers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Azera is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Azera yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To choose insurers with the best Hyundai Azera insurance discounts in Portland in Portland, follow this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Portland, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is the minimum liability in Oregon?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Portland who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Portland are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Portland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Dick Hannah Insurance Agency
12345 E Burnside St – Portland, OR 97233 – (360) 816-8439 – View Map
- Lisa Parks – State Farm Insurance Agent
11116 NE Halsey St A – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 256-3077 – View Map
- Chris Shobe – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 SE Stark St b – Portland, OR 97214 – (971) 242-8981 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- Stamm Stuart Bybee Insurance
16455 SE Division St – Portland, OR 97236 – (971) 254-1148 – View Map
- Chet Hill Insurance
10402 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 256-2020 – View Map
- Matthew K Barnett Agency
3332 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 285-2546 – View Map
If you get good feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the full policy term.