Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Portland is your objective, knowing how to compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Honda Accord Crosstour insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies in Portland. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Portland. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
The Honda Accord Crosstour Insurance Cost Equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have extra add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Certain employers pay higher prices – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners, and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most insurance companies provide lower prices for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Portland Accord Crosstour insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below is based on a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Honda Accord Crosstour policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
Claims statistics for a Honda Accord Crosstour – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Accord Crosstour Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major auto insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates online. Doing online price comparisons for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Portland is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system gets your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information. Quoting online for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Portland makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest auto insurance rates.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oregon. To get cheap car insurance in Portland, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Honda Accord Crosstour insurance rate analysis
The information shown next covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$214||$422||$384||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$214||$422||$384||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$242||$498||$384||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$242||$498||$384||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$242||$498||$384||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact price quotes significantly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Portland car insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Honda Accord Crosstour annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Oregon is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Portland auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Portland car insurance depending on your company.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may receive reduced rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To locate insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Portland, click here.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Portland car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Portland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Portland that provide free Portland car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Portland should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Portland?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
After getting good feedback to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an provider that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Will my Honda Accord Crosstour be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Low-cost Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Portland is available from both online companies in addition to many Portland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Portland? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)