Shopping for more affordable Portland GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance quotes online is rather challenging for beginners to shopping for insurance on the internet. With so many insurance agents and companies, how are we expected to be able to compare every company to locate the best price?
How to save on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Portland
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Portland is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Oregon.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Most drivers in Oregon could cut their rates by 60% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It’s a good idea to compare prices as often as possible because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Portland a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on Sierra 3500HD insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some good information on how to lower your insurance premiums.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable insurance coverage in Portland is not that difficult. Nearly every person who is required to buy insurance stands a good chance to be able to lower their premiums. But Oregon car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
To find inexpensive Portland auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different Oregon insurance companies. The simplest method to find cheaper rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Just remember that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Oregon. To find cheaper auto insurance in Portland, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Oregon but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your GMC Sierra 3500HD with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your GMC at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Oregon overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance data for a GMC Sierra 3500HD
The premium information shown below covers detailed analysis of prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having insight into how prices are figured helps drivers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$192||$308||$320||$18||$96||$934||$78|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$192||$356||$400||$24||$120||$1,092||$91|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$308||$320||$18||$96||$934||$78|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$192||$308||$320||$18||$96||$934||$78|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$192||$356||$400||$24||$120||$1,092||$91|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$356||$400||$24||$120||$1,092||$91|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$192||$308||$320||$18||$96||$934||$78|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$356||$400||$24||$120||$1,092||$91|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$192||$356||$400||$24||$120||$1,092||$91|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$212||$356||$320||$18||$96||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change price quotes significantly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents raise GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Portland insurance discounts for a GMC Sierra 3500HD
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Portland Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Portland can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, business or organization, multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-theft, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, theft prevention, student driver, good student, automatic seat belts, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Portland.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When selecting the best car insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my GMC Sierra 3500HD?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Which auto insurance company is best in Portland?
Selecting the top auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Oregon. The ranking data displayed below can help you pick which companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Car insurance savings summarized
When getting Portland auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some car insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Portland can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Steps to finding cheaper GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Portland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Portland is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Oregon. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Sierra 3500HD insurance in Portland. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More information can be found at these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Portland? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)