If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Portland is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Oregon. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if cheaper F-350 coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Best companies for cheap Ford F-350 insurance in Oregon
The following companies can provide price quotes in Portland, OR. To buy cheaper car insurance in Portland, OR, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Ford F-350 models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are figured is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,112||$93|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,112||$93|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$174||$240||$330||$20||$98||$862||$72|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$174||$284||$330||$20||$98||$906||$76|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$284||$330||$20||$98||$906||$76|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$494||$30||$148||$1,130||$94|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$174||$284||$330||$20||$98||$906||$76|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$174||$284||$330||$20||$98||$906||$76|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$174||$284||$330||$20||$98||$906||$76|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$174||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,172||$98|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$284||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$326||$494||$30||$148||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$326||$330||$20||$98||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location which can affect coverage prices greatly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Ford F-350 insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Ford F-350 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Portland
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- No policy lapses lowers car insurance rates – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Premiums impacted by your city – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Bundle policies and save – Most major companies provide a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
More performance means more cost – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford F-350 car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Raise deductibles and save – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Gender is a factor – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford F-350 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Teen drivers pay more – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss data for a Ford F-350 – Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Portland Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Portland may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Portland, click here.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Portland.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Portland who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to check rates from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Portland that can give you price quote information.
- Darrell Grenz Insurance Agency
5651 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 206-6736 – View Map
- Wix Insurance Agency
8037 SE Stark St – Portland, OR 97215 – (503) 760-6826 – View Map
- Hecht and Hecht Insurance Agency Inc.
425 NE Hancock St – Portland, OR 97212 – (503) 542-1130 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Portland that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ricky Hayter – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 253-9315 – View Map
- Dan Lucich – State Farm Insurance Agent
1516 NE 15th Ave – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 287-3757 – View Map
- Chris Shobe – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 SE Stark St b – Portland, OR 97214 – (971) 242-8981 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long has their agency been open in Portland?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Best car insurance company in Portland
Picking the best auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Portland. The company ratings in the lists below could help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
In the end, you can save money
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many ways to compare Ford F-350 insurance car insurance rates in Portland. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Portland auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Portland? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)