Finding cheaper Portland Dodge Intrepid insurance quotes online might seem impossible for people that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates online. With so many insurance agents and insurers available, how are people expected to be able to compare every one to find the lowest price?
It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Oregon could save themselves 60% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best deal on Dodge Intrepid insurance in Portland last year you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Intrepid insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Portland.
Companies offering competitive Dodge Intrepid rate quotes in Portland, OR
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Portland, OR. To get cheap car insurance in OR, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Dodge Intrepid insurance rates in Portland
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger auto insurance companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Portland car insurance with certain companies.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Portland car insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, good student, membership and employees, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and good driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, early bird, air bags, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Dodge Intrepid rate quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Portland. For a list of providers with significant discounts in Portland, click this link.
Lower Your Portland Insurance Rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Amount of liability insurance – Liability insurance will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher prices – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Performance impacts insurance costs – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on small economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Location can impact price – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Consolidate policies with the same company – Some auto insurance companies will award better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Having a spouse can lower premiums – Being married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance bill. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful employer? – Occupations such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Good drivers pay better premiums – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
When should I get advice from an agent?
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Portland that can provide free Portland car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Portland will have answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Portland?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Shown below is a list of insurers in Portland that can give you price quote information for Dodge Intrepid insurance in Portland.
- Chad Humphrey – State Farm Insurance Agent
15160 NW Laidlaw Rd #210 – Portland, OR 97229 – (503) 992-6251 – View Map
- Steve Ching – State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 NW 13th Ave – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 222-7771 – View Map
- State Farm: Jared Dean
101 SW Main St #915 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 222-6601 – View Map
- Reggie Guyton – State Farm Insurance Agent
8180 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 289-3601 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found a company that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Smart consumers save more
Some auto insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Intrepid insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
How to find discount Dodge Intrepid insurance in Portland
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Portland is to compare prices once a year from companies in Oregon.
First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More information can be read at these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Portland? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)