Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Lexus IS 200t in Oregon can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Lexus and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Portland agents.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Oregon could save $1,000 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Shopping for affordable insurance in Portland is not as hard as you may think. If you have a current insurance policy or just want to save money, you can use this information to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop for insurance online.
Most companies provide prices for coverage from their websites. Getting online quotes for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Portland is possible for anyone as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. After you complete the form, the quote system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
Quoting online for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Portland makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Oregon. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Lexus IS 200t insurance in Portland with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current IS 200t insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, homeowners, air bags, good student, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, home ownership, early quote, driver training, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, military active duty, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Portland. To choose insurers who offer cheap Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in Portland, click this link.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Portland.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Portland who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find local Portland agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Portland are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Portland who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Vern Fonk
9955 SE Washington St #103 – Portland, OR 97216 – (971) 213-1015 – View Map
- Fox Insurance Agency
1819 SW 5th Ave – Portland, OR 97201 – (503) 277-2300 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance
7831 SE Stark St #102 – Portland, OR 97215 – (503) 256-1448 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Portland that can give you price quotes.
- Chris Lawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3118 NE Broadway St – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 282-4569 – View Map
- Ricky Hayter – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 253-9315 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Damian Gobel
1511 SE 122nd Ave – Portland, OR 97233 – (503) 255-3490 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does their agency support local causes in Portland?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Portland?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Oregon. The company rank data in the lists below can help you select which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your IS 200t caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your IS 200t in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as vandalism, hail damage, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus IS 200t.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/20), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Auto liability – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/20 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $20,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, funeral expenses, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Oregon requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
How much can you save?
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Lexus IS 200t insurance premium rates online in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
The cheapest Lexus IS 200t insurance in Portland can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Portland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to buy lower priced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Portland
Really, the only way to find cheaper quotes for Lexus IS 200t insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Portland.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)