It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare other prices are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Portland is your goal, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Chrysler 200 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Portland. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to find better prices using these techniques. The intent of this article is to help you learn the most effective ways to compare rates. But Oregon drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to determine prices and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering low-cost Chrysler 200 rate quotes in Portland, OR
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Oregon. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Portland, OR, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Portland
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rate level.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even one moving violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can add up on your 200 policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher car insurance rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Oregon department of motor vehicles.
- Drivers with responsible credit save – Credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Chrysler 200 by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Performance impacts insurance premiums – The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in a rural area can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Better premiums on safer vehicles – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Chrysler 200 has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Claims statistics for a Chrysler 200 – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help determine the price you pay. Models that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the loss history for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Portland auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help lower your premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, family plan, easy pay, business or organization, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, multi-policy, claim free, good driver, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
When getting free Portland auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Portland. To see insurers with discount rates in Oregon, follow this link.
When should I contact an agent?
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Portland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Portland who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding a good Portland insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s recommended you check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Portland that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Oregon Insurance Advisor – Mark Strauss
5201 SW Westgate Dr #300 – Portland, OR 97221 – (503) 922-4847 – View Map
- Elliott, Powell, Baden and Baker Inc
1521 SW Salmon St – Portland, OR 97205 – (503) 227-1771 – View Map
- Matthew K Barnett Agency
3332 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97217 – (503) 285-2546 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are Portland exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Bill Northfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
5915 SE 43rd Ave – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 775-8202 – View Map
- Reggie Guyton – State Farm Insurance Agent
8180 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 289-3601 – View Map
- Chris Lawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3118 NE Broadway St – Portland, OR 97232 – (503) 282-4569 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If they are an independent agency in Portland, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
After getting good responses and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Affordable insurance rates are possible
You just learned many tips how you can compare Chrysler 200 insurance prices in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost Chrysler 200 insurance in Portland can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Portland auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Portland? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)