If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Portland is to annually compare prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Oregon. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to help keep prices low and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Captiva Sport coverage is available in Portland. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of this process is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unbelievably, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in Portland can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Portland, OR. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Portland auto insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could earn substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Portland auto insurance but check with your company.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Portland and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Portland, click here.
Which auto insurance company is best in Portland?
Selecting a good quality company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Oregon. The rank data in the lists below could help you analyze which companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Components of Your Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the most common factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your Captiva Sport policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents.
- Low credit score equals high rates – A driver’s credit rating can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Captiva Sport by repairing your credit.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim statistics – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium rates. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years