The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for Subaru Outback insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Portland. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to get lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Outback coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who get price quotes annually will probably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on insurance in Portland is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
Cheap car insurance in Portland, OR
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Portland, OR. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Oregon, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Subaru Outback detailed coverage information
The coverage table shown below highlights different rate quotes for Subaru Outback models. Learning more about how policy premiums are determined can help customers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$242||$422||$306||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$242||$422||$306||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$242||$422||$306||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$270||$498||$306||$18||$92||$1,184||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premiums noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Subaru Outback insurance prices for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Subaru Outback liability-only versus full coverage
The information below compares Subaru Outback annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Outback replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Get affordable rates on Subaru Outback insurance in Portland with these insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Outback insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Portland could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Portland auto insurance quote.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should help lower your policy premiums.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Subaru Outback premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, and driver training.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, air bags, federal employee, emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
Check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. For a list of insurance companies with the best Subaru Outback insurance discounts in Portland, click here.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Portland.
After completing this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Portland for you
If you need to find local Portland agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Portland are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Portland who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Darrell Grenz Insurance Agency
5651 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 206-6736 – View Map
- Focus 1 Insurance
1500 NW 18th Ave #107 – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 206-6588 – View Map
- Chet Hill Insurance
10402 NE Sandy Blvd – Portland, OR 97220 – (503) 256-2020 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Portland who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mark Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
14146 SE Stark St – Portland, OR 97233 – (503) 253-2110 – View Map
- Gunnar Olson – State Farm Insurance Agent
107 SE Washington St Ste 143 – Portland, OR 97214 – (503) 230-0216 – View Map
- Larry Rodman – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 SW Barbur Blvd – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 246-7753 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
We just presented a lot of ways to find lower-cost Subaru Outback insurance in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Subaru Outback rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Budget-friendly insurance in Portland can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Portland, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Portland Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)