Want to learn how to find more competitive Buick Lucerne insurance in Portland? Finding more affordable premium rates for Buick Lucerne insurance in Portland can seem to be nearly impossible for people who are new to online rate comparisons. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily be a real challenge to find cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance rates.
How to find affordable quotes for Buick Lucerne insurance in Portland
The best way to find affordable Buick Lucerne insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Portland.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Lucerne insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Portland consumers could save themselves as much as $970 a year, but they assume it's a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
Compare quotes for Portland Buick Lucerne insurance
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting a better price. Not every company allows you to get Portland Lucerne insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Portland, OR. To locate cheap auto insurance in Portland, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Some insurance providers don't always list every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Portland car insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Buick can qualify you for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-line Discount - Some companies give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Portland car insurance quote when compared with drivers who are more careless.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer online Buick Lucerne insurance quotes in Portland, click this link.
Facts and figures for Buick Lucerne insurance
The premium table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Buick Lucerne models. Learning how insurance rates are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$268||$638||$416||$24||$124||$1,470||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter rates considerably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Buick Lucerne insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Oregon minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Buick Lucerne replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Buying insurance from Portland insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Portland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Portland car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Portland are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Portland that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Metro One Insurance Agency
3423 S Telegraph Rd, Dearborn, MI 48124 - Dearborn, OR 48124 - (313) 456-9455 - View Map
- Fournier Group
510 SW 5th Ave #701 - Portland, OR 97204 - (503) 251-2255 - View Map
- WelPland Insurance, SE Portland and Clackamas County
5845 SE 82nd Ave - Portland, OR 97266 - (503) 777-5406 - View Map
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Portland exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Doug Menely - State Farm Insurance Agent
8606 SE 17th Ave - Portland, OR 97202 - (503) 238-1903 - View Map
- Ernest J Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
4946 N Vancouver Ave - Portland, OR 97217 - (503) 286-1103 - View Map
- Larry Rodman - State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 SW Barbur Blvd - Portland, OR 97219 - (503) 246-7753 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. A good agent in Portland will have answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Lower Your Portland Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
Lower auto insurance rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Low coverage deductibles mean high rates - Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Buick. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Vocation stress can affect rates - Careers like military personnel, business owners, and accountants tend to pay the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as actors, athletes and performers pay the least.
Urban areas may pay more - Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Guys pay more for insurance coverage - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Lucerne in Portland, insurance is required in Oregon but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Lucerne has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Lucerne more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can find cheaper coverage
Cost effective Buick Lucerne insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Portland agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Buick Lucerne insurance prices online in Portland. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Portland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
How to find cheaper rates for Buick Lucerne insurance in Portland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Portland is to compare quotes annually from providers in Oregon. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Lucerne insurance in Portland. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to point out is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)