Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can deplete your budget and make it impossible to make ends meet.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop for lower rates are highly likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Buick Enclave insurance is the reason you’re here, understanding the best way to compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
How to buy cheaper Buick Enclave insurance in Portland
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Buick Enclave insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Portland.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for ideas to find cheap rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive promote their brand names with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Portland is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Vehicle owners just need to know the proper methods to buy insurance online.
Cheapest Buick insurance rates in Portland
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Portland, OR. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Portland, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Rates and statistics
The information shown next covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Buick Enclave models. Being more informed about how policy premiums are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$172||$308||$320||$18||$96||$914||$76|
|Enclave CX AWD||$172||$308||$320||$18||$96||$914||$76|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$172||$308||$320||$18||$96||$914||$76|
|Enclave XL AWD||$192||$308||$320||$18||$96||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Portland garaging location which can affect premiums considerably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oregon. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Buick Enclave settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze driving manner remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
If you want cheaper Portland car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To choose companies who offer discounts in Oregon, click here to view.
Lower Your Portland Insurance Costs
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Enclave if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other Portland Enclave insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Car features impact insurance rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Liability limits on your policy – Liability coverage provides coverage when you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- When should you file claims? – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Oregon give most affordable rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Responsible drivers pay lower costs – Even one citation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders drive up Buick Enclave annual premium costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles – Insurance companies use data from past claims when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Enclave Vehicles Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Oregon?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Buick Enclave?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Oregon?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from local Portland car insurance agents?
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Portland.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
What is the best car insurance company in Oregon?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Oregon. The rank data displayed below may help you decide which providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Portland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
How much can you save?
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Buick Enclave insurance in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Buick Enclave insurance in Portland
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Portland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Oregon. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Oregon can be found at the links below
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)