It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. The average driver in Portland could save nearly $967 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way we recommend to get budget Audi TTS insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Portland. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, read about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View rates
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Portland. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Cheaper Audi TTS insurance rates in Portland
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Portland auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on TTS insurance in Portland.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
To see companies with the best discounts in Portland, follow this link.
When looking for cheaper Portland auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Oregon. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Portland, OR. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Oregon, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Portland who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
The different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a good Portland insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Portland agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Portland who may provide you with price quote information.
- Donna Tallman – State Farm Insurance Agent
6305 SE Powell Blvd – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 771-2579 – View Map
- Todd Houser – State Farm Insurance Agent
7515 SW Barnes Rd #101 – Portland, OR 97225 – (503) 297-3788 – View Map
- John Lokting – State Farm Insurance Agent
307 SE 102nd Ave – Portland, OR 97216 – (503) 252-5581 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Portland independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Eric L Weber Agency
4415 NE Sandy Blvd Ste 200 – Portland, OR 97213 – (503) 249-7667 – View Map
- Peninsula Insurance
12700 NW Cornell Rd – Portland, OR 97229 – (503) 644-5333 – View Map
- Hecht and Hecht Insurance Agency Inc.
425 NE Hancock St – Portland, OR 97212 – (503) 542-1130 – View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented many ideas to reduce Audi TTS insurance rates online in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Portland auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)