Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Portland insurance shoppers can save almost 60% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Mazda MPV insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Portland.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more details to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
How to compare Portland Mazda MPV insurance price quotes
Getting a cheaper price on Mazda MPV insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing price quotes to find the company with affordable Mazda MPV insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Oregon. In order to find cheap car insurance in Oregon, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Portland Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim Free – Portland drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- American Family discounts include good driver, early bird, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and air bags.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, homeowners, driver training, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, teen driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, mature driver, and multi-car.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including senior citizen, utility vehicle, economy car, 55 and retired, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Oregon, follow this link.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in better car insurance rates.
- Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- Bad drivers pay high prices – Having a single speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with careless violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Does insurance coverage cost more for men? – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- File policy claims and pay more – Insurance companies in Oregon provide lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Portland that can provide free Portland car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Portland?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Portland that may be willing to give price quote information for Mazda MPV insurance in Portland.
- Reggie Guyton – State Farm Insurance Agent
8180 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 289-3601 – View Map
- Cundari Insurance
8309 SW 22nd Ave – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 292-0075 – View Map
- Darrell Grenz Insurance Agency
5651 N Lombard St – Portland, OR 97203 – (503) 206-6736 – View Map
- Elliott, Powell, Baden and Baker Inc
1521 SW Salmon St – Portland, OR 97205 – (503) 227-1771 – View Map
The best rates come from being thorough
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Mazda MPV insurance rates in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Discount Mazda MPV insurance in Portland can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Portland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Portland? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)