How many times have you said it's time to compare more competitive Honda Accord insurance in Portland? If you are new to online price comparisons, chances are good that you are baffled by the sheer number of insurers vying for business in Portland.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Oregon could save about $967 each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates.
Free Portland Honda Accord insurance price quotes
The majority of larger companies allow you to get coverage price quotes online. Comparing Honda Accord insurance rates online is fairly simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information.
Quoting online for Honda Accord insurance in Portland makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a better rate.
If you want to find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Oregon. To buy cheap car insurance in Oregon, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need insurance for your Accord
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Oregon is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Facts and figures for Honda Accord insurance
The data table shown next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Honda Accord models. Having a better idea how policy premiums are calculated can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$216||$356||$22||$106||$852||$71|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$216||$356||$22||$106||$852||$71|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$216||$356||$22||$106||$852||$71|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$216||$356||$22||$106||$852||$71|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$216||$356||$22||$106||$852||$71|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$262||$356||$22||$106||$920||$77|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$174||$308||$472||$28||$142||$1,124||$94|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$174||$308||$472||$28||$142||$1,124||$94|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$308||$472||$28||$142||$1,146||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Honda Accord settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheaper rates on Honda Accord insurance in Portland with these car insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Oregon state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including claim free, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, and renters.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Portland. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts in Oregon, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Portland car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Portland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Portland who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Portland that can give you price quote information for Honda Accord insurance in Portland.
- Darrell Grenz Insurance Agency
5651 N Lombard St - Portland, OR 97203 - (503) 206-6736 - View Map
- H.Q. La - State Farm Insurance Agent
1827 NE 44th Ave #110 - Portland, OR 97213 - (503) 236-3776 - View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance
7831 SE Stark St #102 - Portland, OR 97215 - (503) 256-1448 - View Map
- Doug Menely - State Farm Insurance Agent
8606 SE 17th Ave - Portland, OR 97202 - (503) 238-1903 - View Map
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Best auto insurance in Portland
Finding a high-quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Portland. The company rank data shown next may help you pick which companies to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance savings summarized
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Honda Accord insurance in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap Honda Accord insurance in Portland can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to finding more affordable Honda Accord insurance in Portland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Portland is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Oregon. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Portland. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)