Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced Chrysler Sebring insurance in Portland? Finding better insurance prices for a Chrysler Sebring in Oregon can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Chrysler and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Portland agents.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Portland is quite easy. If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to get comparison quotes instantly.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Oregon. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Portland, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chrysler Sebring insurance statistics and information
The information below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Chrysler Sebring models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are established can be valuable when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$538||$330||$20||$98||$1,236||$103|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$538||$330||$20||$98||$1,236||$103|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$282||$538||$330||$20||$98||$1,268||$106|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$282||$538||$330||$20||$98||$1,268||$106|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$620||$330||$20||$98||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oregon minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage rates considerably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler Sebring book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance is not optional
Even though Portland Sebring insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oregon these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Sebring with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sebring are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower Your Portland Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates. Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oregon DMV.
Save money by having responsible credit – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your Chrysler Sebring by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit.
Accidents inflate rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Only having one moving violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. People who have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims drive up Chrysler Sebring insurance prices for each different age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save miles and save money – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Sebring may be wasting your money. Double check that your declarations sheet states the right rating data, because it can save money.
Raise deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Get married and get cheaper costs – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when buying insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Companies offer many discounts on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Portland
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Chrysler could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will lower the premium cost.
The example below compares Chrysler Sebring annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Oregon state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want affordable Chrysler Sebring insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To locate auto insurance companies who offer free Chrysler Sebring insurance quotes in Oregon, click here to view.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Chrysler Sebring?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Will my Chrysler Sebring be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How long has their agency been open in Portland?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Portland?
When researching an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in Portland may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Portland that are able to give rate quotes.
- Michael G Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
736 NW 12th Ave #100 – Portland, OR 97209 – (503) 227-1393 – View Map
- Larry Rodman – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 SW Barbur Blvd – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 246-7753 – View Map
- Bill Northfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
5915 SE 43rd Ave – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 775-8202 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Portland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Metro One Insurance Agency
3423 S Telegraph Rd, Dearborn, MI 48124 – Dearborn, OR 48124 – (313) 456-9455 – View Map
- Fournier Group
510 SW 5th Ave #701 – Portland, OR 97204 – (503) 251-2255 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
9955 SE Washington St #103 – Portland, OR 97216 – (971) 213-1015 – View Map
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned many ideas to get a better price on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Portland. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Portland auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
More affordable auto insurance in Portland is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
Steps to finding lower priced Chrysler Sebring insurance in Portland
If you want to save money, the best way to save on Chrysler Sebring insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Portland. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Sebring coverage is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Portland Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Portland Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Portland? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)