Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Portland could save almost $1,000 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on BMW M2 insurance in Portland is to compare quotes annually from providers in Oregon. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Portland. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
These techniques will tell you the best ways to compare prices. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just have to know the best way to get comparison rates online.
Companies offering BMW M2 insurance in Portland
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oregon. To locate the best car insurance in Portland, OR, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Portland insurance
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Portland car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Student in College - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Portland and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Student - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow data collection to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in Portland.
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important especially in Portland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
The following is a list of auto insurance companies in Portland who can help you get comparison quotes for BMW M2 insurance in Portland.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Portland should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
One last note
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on BMW M2 insurance in Portland. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Portland car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Portland can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Portland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Portland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Portland? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)